5/7 Lord Street, Blackpool FY1 2AZ
The McHalls Bistro Opening Times:
Fri & Sat: 5pm - 10pm (orders 5pm - 7.30pm) & Sun: 1pm - 3pm
Free Secure Car Parking & Wi Fi
- 8 red peppers
- 10 red chilli
- 10cm length ginger
- 8 garlic cloves
- 400grams tomatoes
1) Roughly chop all ingredients and put through the food processor and reduce down.
2) Put resulting “soup” into a pan with 250ml of red wine vinegar and the juice of 2 lemons.
3) Bring to the boil and simmer for about 30 minutes until reduced by approximately a third stirring from time to time.
4) Add 750 grams sugar off the heat, a stir until dissolved.
5) Return to the heat and cook until thick, stir from time to time as this preserve burns on to the pan very easily.
6) It needs to be thick, of a spreadable consistency. Put into jars.
© 2013 McHalls Hotel Blackpool