5/7 Lord Street, Blackpool FY1 2AZ
The McHalls Bistro Opening Times:
Fri & Sat: 5pm - 10pm (orders 5pm - 7.30pm) & Sun: 1pm - 3pm
250g smoked haddock
bunch spring onions
2 tsp chopped capers
tbsp chopped parsley
salt and pepper
zest of 1 lemon
125g fresh bread crumbs
6 tbsp plain flour
2 eggs lightly beaten
1. Cook potatoes in lightly salted boiling water until tender, drain well add butter and season, mash until smooth.
2. Grill the Haddock with a knob of butter and season with black pepper, cook until flakes.
3. Chop parsley, spring onions and capers, put with mashed potatoes and haddock, mix lightly as not to break the fish up to much.
4. Form the mixture into desired size.
5. In a separate bowl Season the flour and coat your cakes, dip in the egg and then the bread crumbs.
6. Refrigerate until needed, deep fry until golden and piping hot in the middle.
© 2013 McHalls Hotel Blackpool